Guner had some huge nopal cactus that we decided to cook up into a goo to be used as an additive in the plaster. I was excited to get to try this ingredient and the process proved to be successful. The cooking cactus was actually fairly pretty, in my opinion anyway.
Many times we worked into the late evening. Tossing our trowels aside, we climbed the hill in time to catch the breathtaking sunsets. Sometimes we would return, switch on the floodlights, and keep working until, one by one, we dropped off to bed. Well, this happened a lot more than just 'sometimes' I must say. The project was so engaging, and the company so much fun, we soaked it up as much as we could.
We ended up breaking the project up in a way that had a dedicated person or pair for each restroom stall, with Cassy taking on the lead for the majestic tree on the front of the building. We had some pigments donated by one of the art galleries which we each got to choose from for a colour for our designated rooms. I ended up with green, as it is one of my favourite colours. There was red and pink, yellow, turquoise, rutile, purple, and even black. As I have said time before, I just loved watching as each room developed and took on its own character.
Then, one day, it was done!! Doors, sink, toilets, flooring, and other little details all got added, completing this amazing project. This is by far one of the most beautiful buildings I have gotten to be a part of, and perhaps the most beautiful set of restrooms I have ever seen. I really had so much fun during this project and my gratitude goes out to Guner and Heidi and all the beautiful people that came together and made this happen. Here are the pictures of the finished work.