The thing that most excited everyone though was when I decided that it was long overdue that the kitchen get an actual back-splash. Being the natural plasterer that I am, I of course opted to plaster the area. I went with a lime plaster because of the high moisture and traffic in a kitchen. The walls also needed to be able to be wiped clean from kitchen goodness. Luckily, I had some lime I had been toting around with me in my truck that had been slaking for many many months.
I whipped up a batch and got to work. Below are the photos I have of this project.
|Before lime plaster. This was all there was for years.|
|Desperately needing something done.|
|Lime done, pigment next.|
|The lime went on and set nicely. What an improvement.|
|I set a tile in above the stove and then did a nice yellow lime wash for some colour. This really helped complete the kitchen!|